Reply to Digitup

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
jboettcher
40C crawler
40C crawler

Reply to Digitup

Post by jboettcher » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:19 am

I finally managed to remove the final drive from my 555A. Having never worked on heavy equipment before it was a learning experence for sure. Actually I have been working on other equipment, tractors mainly, plus it's been high 90's and over 100 a number of days. It looks as though I will need to replace everything except houseing and bull gear. The main shaft gear is chipped in a number of places but the bull gear is near perfit. All bearings, seals and gaskets were trash. Going to order parts soon.

Myasitis

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:03 am

Repairs that size can be costly good luck.I just gave up on having old trim dozers kicking around 650G had 7000 hours 550Hs had 6000 hours and 8000 hours I traded 3 dozers for 2 new 550Js this month and the new business stratigy is to trade every two years allready got 480 and 535 hours on them I got lots of work this year and with this you just getgoing in the morning and work till dark Makes the hired men happy to I have been takeing the night shift on these units and realy pileing up the hours and havent been near the computer for days its good to hear from you Direct email me at millscompany@sympatico.ca any time Jim .Digitup.