JD 350 For Sale, Good U/C. Riiiight!

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

JD 350 For Sale, Good U/C. Riiiight!

Post by Stan Disbrow » Mon May 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi,

I was told about said machine at our local Anti-Que Machinery Club meeting last weekend.

A JD 350C with a 6-way blade in good shape with a good undercarriage.

As Bill Cosby would say, Riiight!

I went to look at it today. I did not take a pic. It was so bad......

How bad was it, you ask?

It would have busted the lens in a cell phone camera!

I doubt it is even worth the scrap iron value. I never saw a u/c so worn. The bushings *and* the links are worn to the pins. And, the sprockets are sinusoidial in shape. Usually, very worn sprockets are worn to points. Well, these went a lot further - worn down to curves!

How the tracks stay on, is because it barely pulls or brakes on both sides. Sort of an automatic safety there..... If you can't put power to the tracks, or stop them with the brakes, they tend to stay on.

Short tracked, of course, with some cobbled up fat turnbuckle arrangement to hold the tension on both sides. I did not ask what became of the original adjusters. I expect someone Dropped the Ball back when they short tracked it. We know all about those Balls, right! :P

Oh, and it will not start at 75F without ether. Uh, huh. It does seem to fire on all three cylinders. I estimate it puts out 20 HP when warmed up. Half that cold. On the Plus Side, if one underswept the exhaust and worked around the edge of a pond, it would double as a mosquito sprayer....

Oh, and it was not a C model. It was a 1966 straight. But, then y'all knew I was gonna say that. ;)

Guy thought it was an 86. But, I have Digitup's S/N list here and a smartphone to look it up with. ;)

The 6 way blade was manual and outside mount and someone rebushed it all, so it was the best part of the machine.

So, there was my Comedy Routine for this week!

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:29 pm

people seem to be hoodwinked when it comes to % of life left or what good tracks even would look like Then the biggest pile of crap is the next letter after the model number I was at a auction last week and they had a 550C for sale (Now that is a rare Deere!!)I explained to the auction company that a 550C was never built and had a real snotty reception from the auctioneer That he had proof so I told him He only had proof of ignorance and that was nothing to display publicly .He took his words back ten minutes later when the receptionist told him I was right I don't know how people can sell something professionally that isn't right I said to him well try getting parts for a 550C and see what happens . Digitup.

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Mon May 05, 2014 6:19 pm

only used by a little old lady on her way to church every sunday ,,,,needs adjustment ...runs great :D :shock: 8) 8) :lol:
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper