JD 350D Reverser

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
airguardian
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 350D Reverser

Post by airguardian » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 pm

I’ve been enjoying my 350D during the summer clearing out around a pond. Only 1505 documented hours on the machine. The reverser is acting up a little when the machine gets hot. No oil leaks found and replaced all the fluid and filters back in the spring. Response forward and reverse is good in all gears but the broken 3rd. When the tractor gets hot after 2 hours of pushing small scrub oaks will experience a delay in reverser. Delay will gradually get longer until the unit will not move. No strange noise or obvious leaks. Any educated guess from my description?

If I pull the reverser out of the crawler will the 3rd gear replacement be possible without removing the transmission from the rear of the machine?

Pictures in TM1115 appear to show the nut and input shaft quill on the reverser end of the transmission housing. Hoping I won’t have to go into the machine from both ends. I would prefer digging in from the front.[/b]

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:38 pm

The "delay" sounds a lot like the symptoms on a HLR transmission that has slipping clutch packs when it gets warm. I don't know much about the reversers in 350s but that would be my guess. Have you checked your reverser pressures yet?
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment