serial number

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
unadilla
MC crawler
MC crawler

serial number

Post by unadilla » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:40 am

The serial number plate was removed by some former owner on my 350 crawler. Is there another way of finding the serial number?

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:39 pm

I won't swear to it on the 350s, but usually once the serial number data plate is gone so is the way to conclusively determine serial number. However there may be some other cues as to the serial number range; typically this involves identifying parts from the parts manual that have a serial number break and then seeing what you have. Normally having the exact year or serial number of the crawler is not critical for parts or service when evaluated in this way.

However if you are going to transport the crawler and are stopped by law enforcement, they may have an issue with the data plate missing. JD does have a process of reissuing the serial number data plate but you would likely have to prove the original serial number and ownership, and from what I understand it can be a painful process.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment