Oil Leaks (Straight 350)

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Coynebug
MC crawler
MC crawler

Oil Leaks (Straight 350)

Post by Coynebug » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:44 am

I am new to this website and I would like to say that I have found a lot of valuable information on this site and i am glad that i found it.

With that being said, I have a straight John Deere 350 that has 2 leaks. Last year i noticed the reverser fluid was leaking between the motor and tranny (at least the reverser fluid was the only fluid that i had to refill). When i took the belly pan off, and washed the dozer i noticed there were two leaks, one between the motor and tranny and one between the tranny and rear.

I was reading a bunch of the forums and i was wondering can the motor and tranny be pulled out of the dozer with removing the blade? Is there anything that should be replaced or checked while this machine is apart? should i be prepared for more than just replacing the seals and how big of a deal is the torsional isolator. I have been reading the forums but i can find out how to check to see if they need to be replaced.

Thanks

CJC
Nothin but fun

jsal
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by jsal » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:05 pm

yes removing the blade is what I did two years ago to repair the splined coupling between the reverser and transmission was able to fix a lot more to rad mounts new rad fixed all the broken and stripped bolts I did not mess with the isolator good luck.

JIM

Coynebug
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Coynebug » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:59 am

Thank you for the advice. I am getting ready to attach this project today.
Nothin but fun