Torsional Isolator Deere Straight 350

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Coynebug
MC crawler
MC crawler

Torsional Isolator Deere Straight 350

Post by Coynebug » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:20 pm

I have pulled my dozer apart last weekend to fix a seal leak between the motor and transmission and i found a broken spring on my torsional isolator. I have been reading multiple reviews on this part but do they still make parts for this item and is this isolator a decent one? It is a 4 spring system. Can this be upgraded to the C or D isolator? See Link below. Everything appears to be in great shape except the broken spring. https://www.dropbox.com/s/60rm0i27o4tns ... 7.jpg?dl=0

Also i noticed the shaft in the front of the transmission had some play in it. Can i just replace the front bearing by the seal or do i need to dig further into the transmission?

Does anyone know where i can get a good shop manual for my straight 350? For a decent price?

Thanks
CJC[/img]
Nothin but fun

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:44 pm

That style isolator seems to be less problematic than the next later style. There are no service parts for it, but I have a replacement disc available, would have to do some research on the subject again.
Yes, you can upgrade to the late isolator, but you need to change flywheel to do so, and currently the isolator itself is obsolete, and I do not have my replacements done yet, but getting close.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

Coynebug
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Coynebug » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:16 pm

I have been looking for manuals for this machine and i have a T handle for the blade and all the manuals i have found for this machine show 2 levelers for the blade. Is this an alteration that someone made?

I have been researching the forum and the web and i have been unsuccessful to date finding parts for this isolator. I would like to tear this isolator apart and order the disk, springs and anything else i may need. Is this something i can get threw your shop? Is the upgrade isolator unavailable or are the parts for my isolator unavailable? Is there any way to get a diagram for this?

Thanks Lavoy
Nothin but fun

jsal
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by jsal » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:01 am

looks like the springs are available through JD parts

JIM