Looking for a Hyd/ Valve for Backhoe

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
race_2222
40C crawler
40C crawler

Looking for a Hyd/ Valve for Backhoe

Post by race_2222 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:27 pm

A while back I posted about a Wain Roy backhoe that I purchased for my 350 bucket dozer. After several attempts to make the hydraulics work, and some research, I've come to the conclusion that I need an "OPEN CENTER" valve. I think the one on this backhoe must be a closed center and can't be switched. I've tried switching the hoses around in about every conceivable way and just can't get it to work. So any help as to where I could find an open center valve with 6 levers would be appreciated. I think I could make about any brand work, especially from John Deere. As long as its for an open center system. I noticed in the John Deere book the valve can be used both ways by switching the hoses around. Tried that with this one with no luck.
350 diesel crawler w/bucket

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:07 am

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Sat May 25, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

race_2222
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by race_2222 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:29 am

Thank you for reasuring my thoughts on this. I also have a 93A book and it shows a picture of the valve- 3 ports, 1 for pressure, 1 for closed center, 1 for open center. My valve also hase 3 ports. I have tried switching the pressure side but not the return. Maybe I should move the return over to the other side next to where the pressure port is? Haven't tried that one yet. On the pressure side, one port is on the side and the other is on top. In the JD book, they are both on top of the valve. I have not looked at the parts breakdown in that book, I will do that and see what you are refering to.
Ya I've been very carefull with trying differnt ways to hook the hoses up. I hit the starter and if it donesn't fire right off and keep running at idle then I know something aint right.
Thanks

dale
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by dale » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:21 am

I'm not 100% sure on these valve bodies, but sometimes the only differrence from one to the other is the actual spool configuration. New spools are lots cheaper than new valve assemblies and are relatively painless to change. Is there a brand and model number on the valve body itself?

Open-Center: Typically used with a fixed-displacement pump, allows oil to free-flow back to the tank in neutral position. Shifting the spool redirects oil to the selected work port.

Open-Center-Power-Beyond: Same as Open-Center valve except oil flows to downstream circuit in the neutral position instead of returning to the tank.

Closed-Center: Typically used with a variable-displacement pump, oil flow is blocked at the valve until the spool is shifted from neutral.

race_2222
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by race_2222 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:48 pm

O.K. I was able to clean off the tag and read some numbers-
It is a: HYDRECO
customer part #-F1310-103
serial#-LA10207
Model#-6 V33DDDDDD72-20 25

This is a one piece control valve. So how do you change the spool configuration?

Thanks again for any help!

dale
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by dale » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:16 pm

without seeing it, not sure if they are. However Hydreco does have a repair service. It's worth a phone call to check.
Hydreco Inc.
1500Z Continental Boulevard
Charlotte,
North Carolina 28273
P +1 704 295-7575

http://www.hydreco.com/

race_2222
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by race_2222 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Well, I figured it out and got it working. But the hoe doesn't have much power and the hyd. oil gets real hot. If I put a resevoir on the return side would this help ??

jdemaris

Post by jdemaris » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:10 pm

race_2222 wrote:Well, I figured it out and got it working. But the hoe doesn't have much power and the hyd. oil gets real hot. If I put a resevoir on the return side would this help ??
I don't know exactly what all is going on with your hookup - but . . .

If that valve truly was a closed-center valve, and you hooked it up to your Deere- the hydraulic pump would of instantly blown to pieces. I've seen it done many times. So, I doubt that valve is closed-center.

I don't know what you have done to make it work but . . . heat is caused by retricted oil. If your oil is getting hot when you're not even using the hoe - you've got too much pump and/or too small a control valve - or someother mismatch along the line. A typical Deere crawler pump when setup to run a backhoe will be 23 GPM. If the control valve is for a smaller machine and will not flow that amount when in neutral, the oil will get hot.