Register FAQ Search Log in

Visit www.jdcrawlers.com!

Roosa Master? are these extinct or what?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JDcrawlers Messageboard Forum Index -> Late model JD crawler technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon
MC crawler
MC crawler

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Roosa Master? are these extinct or what? Reply with quote

I have an early model 450 bulldozer. My injector pump started leaking fuel behind the throttle linkage housing. No big deal, just tighten it up. Well I broke the little stem off. That is on a cbc 431---3al model pump, can't find one any where. Can anyone help?
KenP
350 crawler

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by KenP on Thu May 30, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
digitup2
350 crawler

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon don't look to Deere for injector pump repairs .Find a neighbor hood contractor and ask him about what injector repair business to go to.Look several up on line but shop around and never take extinct ,no way or none for answers.Ask at a local tractor wrecker even look for other old Deere's and stop in to ask the owners and pick there minds.No questions asked in sincere honesty are stupid ones .I find injector pumps ,injectors ,torque converters and hydraulics take people in that profession to do that specific job.After months of injector problems I went to the closest injector shop just after the John Deere dealer told me you don't repair these things .I set my injectors on the counter as a mechanic form that Deere shop was setting off a set of larger injectors to get worked on .My injectors were repaired and set in hours and I never went back to my dealer for pump or injector problems after that .I didn't complain to them but I have never trusted them for more than filters and wear parts and they know it .Good luck .Digitup.
Tigerhaze
350 crawler

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brandon-

If you search the archives on this bulletin board with keywords of "CBC" and/or an author of "Jdemaris", you will find a wealth of information on these pumps and the specific questions/information you will need to know when you go to get them repaired or buy parts for them. Jdemaris is a former Deere mechanic who posts occasionally on here and is very knowledgable on Stanadyne injection pumps. The information about the conversion to a DB pump can also be found in those archives.

Here are a couple of relevant posts- the first one starts off with DB pump information but has some CB pump information later on.

http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=3167&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cbc+driveshaft&start=15

http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=2819&highlight=cbc+driveshaft

There is also a Deere manual dedicated to the these pumps if you want to learn about them. There was a link on one of the posts to a downloaded version of that manual. Lavoy also mentioned in a pst about maybe having reprodution manuals made. If you can't find it, I believe the manual can still be purchased from Deere but you would need to confirm it (SM-2???). You don't need to have the manual if you are going to have a shop repair it, but it helps to know some specifics to ask the rigth questions.
Brandon
MC crawler
MC crawler

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Standyne DB2-4514 WITH A 3 bolt flange , a little differant set up but came off of a 450-B would it be possible to make this pump work with some kind of adapter kit.
digitup2
350 crawler

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a kit to change them over to JDB series but I think you have to do some drilling and tapping and there is a special adapter involved as well your DB2 series pump is an up grade and it should work fine if you can kit it on the engine .I think a DC series pump is a whole other story so you are lucky there .Digitup.
KenP
350 crawler

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by KenP on Thu May 30, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
MC crawler
MC crawler

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! I found another cbc pump. But my engine is set up with the pump being a female face, the other pump has a male shaft on the face. Is this going to be a problem to reverse my drive?
KenP
350 crawler

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by KenP on Thu May 30, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
MC crawler
MC crawler

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I have not turn the engine or pump, I put it back on pump tightened the nuts just so that I would loose the positon. I have a manual but it is for a 450-B mine is a regular 450 will there be a difference? My book shows a different style pump.
KenP
350 crawler

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by KenP on Thu May 30, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
MC crawler
MC crawler

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I found a parts pump. And the part that I needed for the throttle, it was held on by set screw. Got everything on and tried to start motor and am having trouble getting fuel to the engine now. I have cracked the fuel lines to try and get the air out quicker, the engine acts like it wants to start but it want take off. Any suggestions?by the way this is the original pump and was running fine before all this.
KenP
350 crawler

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by KenP on Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
MC crawler
MC crawler

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not swap the pump just the tube. Both tubes were held in by a set screw. On the end of the tube was a flat end shaft that could only go in one way, looked very simple. The tube appears to be a different part.
Brandon
MC crawler
MC crawler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gat Her fixed !!!!! Runs like a top. The parts pump that I had gotten had a differant style throttle tube, it looked the same but the ports were a little differant. So I sent it of and for 200 bucks was able to get the tube fixed and re calibrated, works great and thanks for everyones help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JDcrawlers Messageboard Forum Index -> Late model JD crawler technical support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: