New to site, Need a grill guard for my 420

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
skidduh 420
MC crawler
MC crawler

New to site, Need a grill guard for my 420

Post by skidduh 420 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:04 am

Hi, I have just bought a 420c w/ a loader(well traded an allis c fot it) But it does not have big grille with the bars that go back to the frame. Does anyone know where I can get one of those? Ill go take some pics later and post em in the pic section. I have wanted a little 420 for a long time, But there always expencive up here in Maine, I was talking to a guy at the Eliot Me tractor show and he was trying to buy My allis chalmers C . I said not for sale. I only trade away my tractors, He told me to come down to his place and look around for something that struck my eye. So the next weekend I went down and looked around, He had about 20 diffrent tractors mostly jds. Then I found this old 5 roll 420 loader way in the back of his barn full of tractors. I said Id take that in trade for the C, and to my suprise he sayd OK. I was pretty frigin happy I only payed 700 bucks for the allis 6 years ago. It took a day of moving stuff around to get it out, I drained the gas cleaned the points threw a battery at it and Bam 4 cranks running. He told me it hadnt seen the light of day in 9 years. I making room in my garage for it now, It will be a good winter project! and keep my driveway clear of snow!

Willyr
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Willyr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 am

I am sure Lavoy has a few. You should call him.

Pictures are always welcome!
former owner of a 1956 420c
All help is greatly appreciated.

Proud owner of a project 1952 JD 60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFehqXVd9z4

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 am

I should have guard and braces, but not the lower mount, although a loader crawler probably already has that.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

skidduh 420
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by skidduh 420 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:35 pm

That would be great, how much do you want plus shipping? Could I make the bottom mount if I had to? I could use a set of pads too, but id have to wait for spring. But are they avalible and expencive? Thanx

skidduh 420
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by skidduh 420 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

I just put some pics in the show and tell.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:17 am

I might have goofed, I might have the casting for a loader, but not here. Looking at your pics, I don't see the grille guard mount, it would appear someone has unbolted it. Look under the grille and see if you see a flat surface where it would have bolted on, I assume you will.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com