Hoses?

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
monzanick
430 crawler
430 crawler

Hoses?

Post by monzanick » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Got to run my crawler for about an hour today, with the battery now charging, I'm feeling pretty good. I think its the longest its run in a LOOOOOOOOONG time. after awhile, steam from rad cap..what? its 40 degrees out?!? looking closer, the radiator hoses are VERY PREGNANT . These looked like they were just standard straight hose stock. anyone got the dimensions? maybe a supplier? I have the "parts catalog"pdf an the numbers arent working in the 'ol yahoo search. the belts are new an air across the rad seems o/k. Guess the place to start is with the leaking hoses..

Paul Buhler
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Paul Buhler » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm

What kind of dozer do you have? On my 420, I just took my hoses to a local auto parts shop, and found a single hose that contained both the upper and lower shapes needed. good luck. Paul
Paul Buhler
Killington, VT
420c 5 roll with 62 blade, FOPS, and Gearmatic 8a winch

monzanick
430 crawler
430 crawler

Hoses

Post by monzanick » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Golly do I feel stupid. It's a 1950 mc. I've got a buddy that can get me hose stock. Jus gotta tell him what size. That wonderfull Internet can give me the sizes without ripping it apart? BIG snowstorm yesterday wanna keep it operational somewhat.

P.s. I actually use the signature now. It's got my crawler info onit
1950 mc crawling around