Aquired a MC crawlwer

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Tessiers Farm
40C crawler
40C crawler

Aquired a MC crawlwer

Post by Tessiers Farm » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:58 pm

New here, I just aquired my first crawler. I have several tractors from 1941 to 2005 but this is my first crawler. Friend of a friend gave it to me to haul off, supposedly runs and works although one roller needs to be replaced, and a few chain links and pads need replacement. It has either 3 or 4 sets of tracks in various condition but easily enough parts and pieces to get it together with some to spare. It is a 1950 MC according to the serial #. I haven't fired it up yet, winched it onto the trailer, but I am quite excited. Just thought I'd check in, I am sure I will be knee deep in this thing before its over, with plenty of questions.

Thanks

Jason

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Just wait, now the fun begins! :lol: Welcome to the wonderful world of crawlers.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

RacinJason
430 crawler
430 crawler

40C

Post by RacinJason » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi, Tessiers Farm
I saw several of your previous posts. I'm getting jealous, it seems like every one is acquiring an MC or 40C, in nice shape, for less than I paid for my 40C, which I bought last summer. LOL. Mine is in pretty rough shape, it runs, steers left and right, back and forth and the blade raises and drops. HaHa, it drops, all right, by itself! It's an early Yakima 40C 3-roller, though no serial # to tell for sure. Anyway, I noticed you're from Maine. My dozer is located in Maine, so I'll post my email here in case you or anyone wants to chat. (racinjason1@verizon.net). Good luck with your find!

Tessiers Farm
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Tessiers Farm » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:22 am

Sorry, been busy lately, got her running like a top. Got the tracks back together, right steering clutch stuck, goes real good but only turns left. Haven't had 5 minutes to play with it at all. My first time with a crawler but I have had tractor clutches freeze and if you work them a little they will release most of the time, hoping to work her a little over the next couple of weeks and see if the steering clutch will release. The lady scrapped most of my tracks so that was dissapointing but I had enough parts to put it togather with a couple of extra pieces so life is good.

jason@tessiersfarm.com

Tessiers Farm
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Tessiers Farm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Got the old girl tinkered up enough to work her a little today, clutch let loose within minutes. Runs like a top, moved some snowbanks back, all is well. Still don't know what I want to do with it, gonna try my forestry winch on back and see how that works. Got about a month left to play, once maple season is here no more play time till after haying season.

RacinJason
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by RacinJason » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Hope I'm not jinxing this deal, I'm hoping to be acquiring a 420C soon. To Jason T.: My grandfather ran the pumping station years ago.