jd2010c distributors

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

jd2010c distributors

Post by dtoots1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:01 am

ladies and gents,

ok..whats the story on these distributors....manual shows to be 3 different distr for these units....delco, prestolite and wico....
from the pics in manual and instructions....it seems that they all mite be switched out to whichever one is available....manual plainly shows that both wico and prestolite use the same lower tang mechanism, which are
apparently changed out occasionally...the delco is specific in that the tang end replaced must have the holes drilled for the pin and must be lined up offset as per diagram.
now the problem that i have it seem to be a wico distr...since it appears to be the only one with a flat angle off the top where the rotor sits...looks like delco and prestolite actually have a slanted slot similar to a keyway slot.
appears wico may be nla...so would seem that can change out to other brand?????? i need to get to napa to see if wico rotor available to see what type anchor mechanism for these to determine what kind of distr i have on this....also NOTE...manual clearly specifies that the name plate needs to be turned outward where it is visible....this one may be turned the other way asno sign of nameplates and feeling backside does not confirm a nameplate on it...
guts are setting in there loose without a rotor!!!!..it appears to be NOT a delco or prestolite as i have rotors for them with the slotted tang..
any help????
thks
dtoots1

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 am

just an update...

i went and took off the distr....no NAMEPLATE whatsoever....however on
bottm side of body is ELECTRIC AUTOLITE CO....SO is the 4th kindof model distr for these things....they were bought out by prestolite....see
jdjoes posting for rest of story....
dtoots1

JDjoePA
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD2010c Distributors

Post by JDjoePA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Way to hit a home run on your problem!! I guess even back in the day low bidder ruled. Sounds like you are on way to create some spark hope it works out in your favor, if not there is always another project . All the best JDjoePA.