1010 crawler diesel fuel in oil

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
cecunnin
MC crawler
MC crawler

1010 crawler diesel fuel in oil

Post by cecunnin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi I'm new to this site, I have a jd 1010 diesel industrial crawler in good shape. I've had it about 10 years. I was my grandfathers, about 8 years ago I noticed that it was getting fuel in the oil. So I has the injection pump rebuilt and it was still getting fuel in the oil. So life happened, i hadn't had tim to deal with it so I put in storage for the last 8 years. Now Im ready to dig into this thing again and have some use for this thing. Any body have an idea of what could be causing this? Thanks..

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:24 pm

I had the same thing on my 2010 the pump had been rebuilt about a year later I had a pan full of fuel pulled the pump took it back to the rebuilder he said its been a year I said it has about 40 hours on it whats going on the guy pulled the drive shaft out of the pump and one of the cup seals was rolled he says someone has pulled the shaft and rolled the seal when they put it back in (not the shops fault he goes on to say)I said that's funny I did not even know the shaft just pulled out like that ...he took the pump in the back put 2 new seals in it brought it back and said sorry about that ...anyway that stopped the fuel in the oil pan .. put 2 new cup seals on the input shaft( watch you don't roll them ) that should stop your fuel in pan
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper

cecunnin
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by cecunnin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Thans for the reply. Does any body know where I can get just the shaft seals or have a part number?
Thanks

DukeofDeere
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by DukeofDeere » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:19 am

cecunnin wrote:Thans for the reply. Does any body know where I can get just the shaft seals or have a part number?
Thanks
T11290 is the part# I found.
You can look it up at deereparts.com
Verify the make and model of your injection pump.
Deere may have the part or you may have to go to a diesel injection shop.

Duke