parts manuals

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

parts manuals

Post by townlineterry » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:56 pm

All right guys, here is a question. Who do you think has the worst shop manuals. We can eliminate the I&T ones, as Lavoy said on another thread they are only good for starting fires. Well not really, they are made from that glossy paper the doesn't burn worth a crap.

My vote is for International. Have a set for my track loader. Poor quality photos worse text. As bad as that was I just got a set for my S model truck. They cover about six different models, I only needed the one, Group numbers are not in order, parts breakdowns suck. And this is the part I really love. The two items I need to work on, the steering box and the rear axle are not included, those manuals are sold separately, which of course you don't know until you have bought the main manual.

Ok then, thanks for letting me vent. And, if the person at International who is responsible for this mess is reading this. You really have my sympathy. Given you karma, I shudder to think what you coming back in your next life as

Terry

shinnery
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by shinnery » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:19 pm

Haynes Manuals has to be up there contending with I & T. Just picked up a 1998.5 Dodge 3500 CTD pick-up at the local city auction and it seems to be having a problem with the lift pump. I bought a Haynes for 94-01 pick-ups and it has one schematic for all years diesels. Mech. injected 12 valve or semi-elect 24 valve. This truck has the lift pump moved to inside the fuel tank and the above schematic shows nothing about an elect. lift pump. Guess I will tilt the bed and see what I can get to on top the tank.
Bryce :(
No trees were hurt in the creation of this message.
But, many electrons were terribly bothered.

440IC/602, 2-440ICD/831 MM UBU-LP, 445N-LP, 445E-LP, BIG MO 400-M, 4 Star-LP M5-D, M5-LP, M602-LP, M670-LP, G900-LP, G900-D, G1000 Vista-LP Case 580CK

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:19 pm

Allis Chalmers is not the best either, no real clear schematic of how the parts go together.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:13 pm

I got a parts manual for my JCB 214-2 way back years ago (1996 )and the only problem is they missed one part completely not in the photos not in parts numbers list and not in any updates either .Of coarse it was the part I needed and the A$$h*%e parts man says well I can see it on the computer here are you blind .I had visions of beating the idiot till his last breath but I got over it quickly so no damage or death occurred before the screw up was found but manuals have came a long was in the last twenty years. Mind you computer has helped things a lot .Digitup.

townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by townlineterry » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:48 am

The internet can be wonderful place, at times. Found the manuals I needed online, only cost a little ink and paper.

Still ticked at International.

Terry