2010 headache

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

jd2010 sn32487

Post by dtoots1 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am

shows to be '63 gas engine job....
I TOO have problem with the oil pan not wanting to come off....am under it and take somewhere around 16-20 bolts out including at rear by tranny,,,
i see 2 holes up into that end...but cannot see if bolts would be in that sunkin area. took 2 long bolts of the the flat and 4 off the tranny end.. tried using air chisel but with engine inside frame...cannot get good angle to drive/vibrate it in.
heated a bit with propane but is cast and dont want to warp or crack it have a good torch but that is bit too extreme on cast....gave it good dose of pbblaster overnite and no such luck either..
with frame in way..cant hardly get woodchisle or putty knife driven in there...i have a stuck cylinder and want to take pan off to see which one it is...was just a bit of water in oil pan maybe 1/4 cup if that.
if i do crack this thing..can i use wire welder?
also what about dowel rod thru oil filler hole and leverage? or is sump just below the oil filler hole?? dont think can pound too much on that small an
area if nothing in the way.
dont suppose that using halogen shoplite to heat overnite would do much good would it?????
inside my garage but no heat and rainy and 50s akron ohio

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:03 pm

You can use wire with stainless or nickel wire, not mild steel.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

jd gascap
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by jd gascap » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:55 pm

dtoots1. my pan has 21 holes , including 4 in vertical and17 around the perimeter. 1 extra bolt in left side of pan. A Vaughn bar/ flat bar helped do the trick for me.

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

re..20.10 oil pan

Post by dtoots1 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:14 pm

yup got er off,,,but had to take the front end off rad etc bull nose...then i could get to front of pan and took an old machete and drover it across front and along both long sides....right side was last and litteraly pushed thru gasket by hand and pan fell right off back angle pc was not cemented....did not crack the pan

now question is....have all plugs out and put air in number 4 cyl as that is last one fired so still on downstroke....am getting air out both 1 & 2 cyls..looks like mostly #2....does that mean i have head gasket out or maybe warped head??? incidentally found a walnut in the top rad hose so looks like water flow was restricted have pb blast and oil in all cyls so getting fog out of the 1 & 2 cyls

maybe Lavoy would have some info on this one
thks yall
dtoots1

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Fri May 02, 2014 6:02 pm

doots if you take a flash light and look up in each of the clys. you should be able to see which ones had water also when you pulled the spark plugs how many had copious amounts of rust?
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper