Insurance thread rant

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
oldtanker
440 crawler
440 crawler

Insurance thread rant

Post by oldtanker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:21 pm

It got me to thinking (can you smell the smoke, kinds like burning cow chips)?

Well this is my rant. Long winded one too.

Too many folks, trying to spend wisely, often buy cheap insurance. The real big problems are HOME, AUTO and FARM. This really is the case where you get what you pay for. In the first place everyone should read their policies. If there is something you don't understand talk to you agent or lawyer. Legal speak can be confusing. Figure out what you have, what is and isn't covered and for how much. You also need to know some, not all, but some of the insurance laws of your state. Insurance payment suck by any means, until you suffer a loss. Then it's worth ever penny! If you cheaped out you may not have the coverage's you thought you did. That can mean the difference in having your home repaired and ready to resume life or an ongoing headache that will cost you every penny you thought you saved and then some. A good example was a guy I knew had a house fire. His insurance covered all damage directly cause by the fire. The FD cut holes in the roof to put the fire out. His insurance refused to cover the roof because the fire did not damage it. What was really sad was there, the state laws allowed insurance companies to do that. If in doubt get in the net and research the company you are insured through!

Guys/gals just make sure you and yours are properly covered!

Rick

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:34 am

Having had a house fire, I can attest to the value of insurance. If we had not been insured, we could have never recovered from the loss, just too many dollars. We would have had to sell the land, and move into an apartment or something.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com