Ed from Crawler Heaven passing

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ed from Crawler Heaven passing

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Just a note to let those of you who knew Ed from Crawler Heaven, that he passed away last week from complications due to his cancer. I was out to visit him a 3 weeks ago, he had called to let me know that the chemo was no longer working and he had been sent home, and I wished to visit him before he passed. While I was there, he was entered in to Hospice care, but was still mobile and in reasonably good spirits. At that time they had given him 3 months, maybe a little more, but it was not to be.
The knowledge that died with him about the non-Deere crawlers can never be replaced. He was a good friend for many years, he will be missed.
Lavoy
Last edited by Lavoy on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

mapaduke@yahoo.com
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by mapaduke@yahoo.com » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:19 pm

I delt with him on a couple of ocasions, very nice man and very knowledgeable. :(
nothing crawles like a deere

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Sorry to hear that....although I never spoke with him I always found his website to be very helpful. My condolences.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Steven Walters
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Steven Walters » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:52 am

Sorry to hear! That's one tough Country boy! To fight the fight he did and keep what he loved to do rolling! I did get the pleasure to meet him and rummage through his treasures, and knowledge ear replaceable! He had my head spinning for sure. He will be missed but remembered. My condolences go out to the family and friends.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:57 am

Yeah, long hard fight, almost 6 years I think, lots of side effects like nerve damage and such, but he was pretty much always in good spirits throughout.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com