Prices going UP

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
amos
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Prices going UP

Post by amos » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:31 am

Those who follow my posts know my conundrum: too much equipment and 2 barns full. Wife taking pity on TLB's and tractors out in weather and gave me the go ahead on a 3 sided equipment barn. On ends 40' wide x 50' long on sides with 2 closed end walls and 1 open and 1 closed side wall with 13' clearance on the side walls. Dirt floor.
$18,500.00 with me doing site prep. Now I'm saying no as price is pretty dang high in my opinion.
What are ya'll seeing on prices?
Amos
Pushin hard or diggin deep life is good.
What's ahead is what matters. What's behind is already done.
A fool of a man is he who doesn't ask questions...
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason...

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: Prices going UP

Post by dtoots1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:13 am

Well Amos, its been a few years since i was in the pole barn designing business, near as i can quick guesstimate materials themselves will probably cost around 10 to 12,000 depending on truss spacings etc and that also depends on type of materials your choosing. If your 18m figure is finished and up mite be close. Get a list of all materials and check around and YES with all the storm damage being repaired lumber prices go up and up.

Speaking of that, i have seen hereabouts, where even our state highway department is using tent like structures to house and protect the salt storage and wonder just what kind of cost savings and construction is required for that type of protection.....kinda same material like used in the portable garages you can buy at harbor freight only MUCH bigger.(stronger?) Haven't seen any of em get damaged or blown down either.yet

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Prices going UP

Post by Lavoy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 am

Probably about right if you are hiring the thing built.
Many, many years ago I talked to a guy about a 50 X 80 hoop building. He was awful proud of his pricing til he found out I had a quote cheaper for a pole barn of the exact same size including labor.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com