Back from auction

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
amos
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Back from auction

Post by amos » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:45 am

10' mowers I had my eye one were pretty well used up and sold high.Did get a Bush Hog 8' with tow set up and hydraulic deck lift/height adjustment for $3000.00.Center gear box is 140HP and outboard boxes are 90HP. 2012 model and when I got it to farm I hooked it up and started mowing.No rust on deck,paint still there and underside looks just as good. 1 minor crack at base of hydraulic cylinder mount. With tow set-up and hyd deck lift about $7000.00 new.Pretty happy.
Also picked up what has got to be the heaviest 4 way and reversable 3pt 6' blade I've ever seen. Cutting edge(bolt on) is 1/2" thick x 5" tall and still on first good edge. Blade is 3/8" thick x 24" tall and has 6 vertical weldments plus 2 longitudinal supports 1/2" thick on the back side to brace it.Adjustment plates are 5/8" thick and slotted for a 5/8" thick key to hold adjustment.Probably a solid 600 pounds. $325.00 for that. Plan is to use it to pull gravel back from lane edges at farm(1/4 mile long).
If anyone has an idea of company that made the blade please let me know.
Amos
Pushin hard or diggin deep life is good.
What's ahead is what matters. What's behind is already done.
A fool of a man is he who doesn't ask questions...
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason...

amos
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Re: Back from auction

Post by amos » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:55 am

Blade: looks to be early model King Kutter brand: 1980's maybe?. Found a very similar design on a farm equipment site. $1295.00 + freight new. Looks like I got a deal and now wife wants it painted.....
This whole interweb thing is handy every now and again :D
Amos
Pushin hard or diggin deep life is good.
What's ahead is what matters. What's behind is already done.
A fool of a man is he who doesn't ask questions...
God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason...