Just wanted a new flip phone....

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Re: Just wanted a new flip phone....

Post by Ray III » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:05 am

Yes, I remember the millions of unsold phones, $4 million Super Bowl commercial that no one understood, the people that waited a year for a keyboard phone with the new OS only to be brushed aside because it was seen as old tech. Funny how the guys higher up manage to take a good product and send it to oblivion.

Now General Electric is headed down the same path. They've lost their focus on building good electrical products and are unable to do anything efficiently anymore.

CuttingEdge
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by CuttingEdge » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:16 pm

They said on the radio the other day that only 6% off the nation does not have a cell phone, and the DJ said he did not believe it, everyone had a phone.

I would have called in to the station but I did not have a cell phone to call him.

I am 44 and refuse to get an electronic leash.

People ask me all the time, what would you do if there was an emergency? Just wait until the next guy happens along because there is a 92% chance he will have one!
I have no intention of traveling to my grave in a well manicured body; instead I am going to slide into heaven with a big power turn, totally wore out with busted knuckles, jump off my dozer loudly yelling, Woo Hoo, another Shepard has just arrived!

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:31 pm

well i do have a cell phone, howsoever, i really don't use or even know what some of the doodads is!...i simply use the blamed thing to talk and text occasionally and once in great while to check email as don't even hardly use that...tis a tool, (like the land line was) NOT to live on as it seems the 92% do

Stan Disbrow
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Stan Disbrow » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi,

Without a cell phone, I would not be writing this. Only two ways to get internet here: Cellular and Satellite. I can't stand the latency of Satellite. And, I can tap into the Net just about anywhere with Cellular. Can't cart Satellite around with me. Plus, Cell is cheaper than Sat. To be fair, Sat is faster, but Cell does what I need so more speed would be wasted.

Stan
There's No Such Thing As A Cheap Crawler!

Useta Have: '58 JD 420c 5-roller w/62 inside blade
Useta Have: '78 JD350C w/6310 outside blade
Useta Have: '68 JD350, '51 Terratrac GT-25
Have: 1950 M, 2005 x495, 2008 5103 (now known as 5045D)