Avoid this cinematic atrocity

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

Avoid this cinematic atrocity

Post by townlineterry » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:01 am

The weather has shut my business down, so as you will see I have way to much time on my hands.

I don't watch many movies but I do enjoy a good car chase film, especially one with 60 and 70's muscle cars. Mopar being the best. My all time favorite film is called Vanishing Point, the original one from 1971. stars a 1970 Dodge Challenger, Barry Newman and Cleavon Little. The film is car chase meets existential road trip.

Kowalski ( Barry Newman) is car delivery driver, bets his drug dealer he can deliver this super charged 440 Hemi from Denver to Frisco in record time. Not long before the cops are chasing him across 4 states. A black blind dj Super Soul (Little) picks the chase up from the police band and broadcast the story, he becomes Kowalski's spirit guide. Lot of themes going on here about personal choices, freedom, rebellion, mysticism in post Woodstock America. Good music too.

In 1997 was a remake, I knew it would be bad, finally watched this week. To anybody involved in this mess I ask wtf were you thinking? Were you thinking at all? If working on this film is on your resume black that part out.

The theme, if there was one was some confused anti government something or other, I couldn't figure it out. They replaced Super Soul with THE VOICE, the all caps is no mistake. Though he should be called "the limp". A radio talk show pansy that wouldn't last two seconds outside the bubble of his studio.

I could go on forever. If you have only seen the 97 version do your self a favor watch the original. If you have not seen the 97 version. DON'T.

To the clowns that did the remake. STAY AWAY FROM DUEL. This is your only warning.

Terry

papyrus
420 crawler
420 crawler

Re: Avoid this cinematic atrocity

Post by papyrus » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:57 am

Hi Terry
well for me, the deep sense of Vanishing Point is...

Crawlers can be DEADLY ! :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E83vU_ekHCc

cant find a clip from the original movie

hansruedi