What is the most useless tool you ever bought?

Discuss non-crawler related issues here (keep it sane, please)
townlineterry
440 crawler
440 crawler

What is the most useless tool you ever bought?

Post by townlineterry » Sat May 25, 2019 5:51 pm

Did a major clean up in my shop recently. Found all kinds of stuff forgot I had and some I been looking for for years. Also a few things I would have been just fine to not be reminded I spent good money on.

One was a dremel tool, what a worthless piece of crap. Got it to engrave my name on some tools. Suppose it would work on plastic but barely marked steel , the attachments wore out or broke first time you used them, and cost to replace them is ridiculous.

The other big waste of money was a Drill Doctor. Been told you have to tweak it to get it to work right. Maybe so. I tried, finally decided to just buy cheap bits and throw them away when they got dull.

So would like to hear others story of their most useless tool or piece of equipement.

shinnery
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: What is the most useless tool you ever bought?

Post by shinnery » Sat May 25, 2019 8:37 pm

Haven't bought it yet, but I will.
No trees were hurt in the creation of this message.
But, many electrons were terribly bothered.

440IC/602, 2-440ICD/831 MM UBU-LP, 445N-LP, 445E-LP, BIG MO 400-M, 4 Star-LP M5-D, M5-LP, M602-LP, M670-LP, G900-LP, G900-D, G1000 Vista-LP Case 580CK

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:23 am

How about harbor freights chain saw sharpener? any luck with that???? tried it couple times, looks good put on saw and dam thing cuts crooked...i can use hand file and do better and i can't hand file for crap..easier to go buy new chain....!!

hydrogeo
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hydrogeo » Tue May 28, 2019 8:49 am

Porta power is by far my worst tool investment. I got it thinking it would be one of those tools that I'd find all kinds of ways to use it. However, in 10 years I've used it maybe twice, and both times it was arguably more trouble than it was worth. I think it would be a heck of a lot handier if I had a pullback ram for it.

hydrogeo
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hydrogeo » Tue May 28, 2019 8:54 am

On the Dremel, the little abrasive wheels are useless. I have a Craftsman Dremel knock off, and was ready to chuck it. On a whim I bought a small carbide cutter for it and that was a game changer. I have used that thing more times than I can count, to the point where the motor is starting to go.