2010 injectors

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Jackrogers2452
MC crawler
MC crawler

2010 injectors

Post by Jackrogers2452 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:49 am

Am I making a mistake disassembling and cleaning diesel injectors? Is this something best left to the pros???

Also my float control on my blade isn't working. I hung a limb on the handles and the damages was probably in the linkage. Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 2010 injectors

Post by Jim B » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:48 am

I would not disassemble and clean injectors. As far as I am concerned that needs to be done by someone with the proper tools and equipment to check spray patterns and set cracking pressures. JMHO

You can find parts breakdowns in the on line parts catalogs, if you don't have a hard copy, but you need to know the blade model to find the valve. The blades had separate catalogs back then. I think the following blade info is correct for a 2010. If someone has put a different valve on it you will have to wing it. If the problem is not visible in the external linkage I would be removing the end cap from the opposite end of the spool from the lever. The detent for float is under that cap.

Blade model
620 2010? 1960-1964 inside mount hydraulic lift, mechanical angle and tilt, PC696
622 2010 1962-1964 inside mount hydraulic lift, hydraulic angle, hydraulic tilt, PC697
625 2010 1962 outside mount hydraulic lift, mechanical angle, PC698
626 2010 1962-1964 outside mount hydraulic lift, mechanical angle and tilt, PC698

Go to https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com.d ... anguage=19. Put the PC (parts catalog) number for your blade in the model search box and that should take you to that catalog.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:02 pm

In the scheme of things, you don't really take apart and "clean" injectors. IF they are apart, they are being rebuilt, and you will need an injector tester to set pop off pressure.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

Jackrogers2452
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Jackrogers2452 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Thanks for the advice on the injectors.
The problem I have is we are about 50 miles from pros for repairs, but I will find someone. I don't know about the linkage or valves on my Dozer but it is an inside track all hydraulic blade. I just feel like the damage could have happened when I hung the limb in the valve handle. I don't really know what I'm looking for. Any advice on levers or detents would be appreciated.
Again thanks for the help!!!

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:38 pm

What has lead you to believe you need to "clean" the injectors?

As far as your blade controls. Study the linkage from the handle to the valve. Look for bent or stretched pins and links. If you clink on this link it should take you right to the parts catalog for the 622 blade. You will be able to see the breakdown on the control handle and the valve. I haven't found anything in writing for disassembly and repair of the control valve, maybe someone will be along with something. Lavoy may know if there was a manual for control valves and such, there does not appear to be a 622 Service manual. If nothing is bent or damaged in the control handle linkage, you may need to pull the end cap on the blade lift spool as I mentioned before. The limb may have pulled the handle far and hard enough to damage the detent and affect movement of the spool in the valve. The lift spool and detent parts are Key items 1, 8, 9, 13, 26-31, and 32-36 on the control vale breakdown.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/nav ... ment/70515

Jackrogers2452
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Jackrogers2452 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks, I'll look everything over as you suggest. I'm not familiar with valves but without professional help, I'm just about forced to dive into it!!

Again, thanks!!

Jim B
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Jim B » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:17 pm

Move the control handle both directions lift and lower. Does the handle return to center on its own if you let go of the handle from each direction? If it does not, confirm it is not binding due to bent or broken linkage around the handle. Once you have looked the linkage over and determined things not binding, go to the opposite end of the lift spool from where the control handle linkage attaches. Print the parts page for the valve, if you can from the last link I posted and have it with you. Put some clean rags below the valve to catch any small parts that might drop if they are loose. There should be a cap you can remove. when you remove the cap you are exposing the detent, everything should be attached. If it falls away use the parts list and see what appears broken. Start in on it and I and others will help you as best we can.

If you email Lavoy and get set up with an account, so you can use the site's picture server, you will be able to add pictures to your posts if needed. There is info about the picture server on the Messageboard you can read when you're logged in. dtoots1 can help with the picture server as well. If that doesn't work for you send me a PM and I'll send you an email you can send pictures to and I'll try to answer your questions and/or post them for you. Some folks use Imgur, Photobucket, or other third parties to post from, but I can't tell you how to use those.

HTH
Jim

Jackrogers2452
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Jackrogers2452 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Thanks Jim, it will be a while before I get into it but I really appreciate your help!!!