FYI on fiber steering clutch discs.

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI on fiber steering clutch discs.

Post by Lavoy » Wed May 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Just kind of an FYI. I have had a couple discussions with customers in the past week about fiber discs and the varied prices. I know I am not always the cheapest on everything, that just the way it is. In regards to fiber steering clutch discs, there are some floating around out there now that are utter garbage, but are usually cheaper than you will see listed from me, or any number of other sources. The discs in question are black or gray in color. I have sent 100 of these discs back to two different suppliers in the last two months with the admonition never to send them to me again. These discs are very flexible, and will break apart easily in your hands. And no, they are not made in China, they are US made discs, but are complete, total, utter garbage. The manufacturer states they are just fine, but when pressed as to whether they will stand the warranty costs on them changed their tune in a big hurry and said no, they could not do that.
This is not to say that there are not discs from vendors other than me that are just fine, there are. They may also be cheaper, who knows. But, if you get some black or gray color discs, send them back, regardless who you bought them from. As far as I know, they are being made in the 420-1010, 350, and 450 sizes. I have never seen the 450 discs, but found out today from a supplier that they are out there, so be careful.
Lavoy