piece of chit roller

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
pop pop
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

piece of chit roller

Post by pop pop » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:56 pm

hi guys, who is the closest to phoenix and can send me a piece of chit roller, preferably from a 40c,(to start with)unless you have any suggestions or preference, ,, i am a machinist and my plan is to see if i can come up with a way to refurbish a worn out,shot,screwed-up,fubar'd,roller
fyi for shipping,its about 44 pounds,and my zip is 85226,, i can figure the ups charge if you can't, but i need your zipcode,,, ,, if your snowbirding it,,, i'll see you in a few months,
no gaurantee you'll get it back ,,, it might be totally destroyed by the time i "fix"it or it fixes me,,,, either way ,, the result will be posted,
i can afford to waste some time and money on this,,,
i suppose somebody better send me the dimensions too,,
i don't think there is an older jd crawler within 750 miles of me so i can't go look at any, and the local dealer went "huh?" when i mentioned 40/420 crawlers
my plan is to make them so their bush-able, or even a pack of bearings??
i suppose i should ask first,,, has anybody actually done this ??? tried?? and for the show tracks,, GOLDPLATED,, hahahah . no ,, well maybe,,,

Eric.MacLeod
440 crawler
440 crawler

roller

Post by Eric.MacLeod » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:51 pm

sorry i dont have one to give you, but i am intrested in your results, i know of one guy that i work with and his are shot. i tryed to get him to take one apart to see if some sort off bushing could be made cheaply. his has frozing to the shaft and the shafts turn and are wearing thru the saddles, his other ones have come apart. he still use"s it that way. it sounds like santa is coming the way the rolls jingle. i will see if i can get him to part with one of his. Eric.

pop pop
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

shipping via NASA

Post by pop pop » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 am

hi eric, well before you get serious, look at the shipping charges involved, i'm in arizona,,unless your a snowbird(annual winter visitor),,, we might as well be on 2 different planets,,,, 44 pounds clear across the usa?? hey i don't think my howitzer can reach that far,heehee,,but if my results work,, i'll post them and you can get a local shop to do it.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 am

If you are talking about 40/420 rollers, they are already rebuildable, they have bushings and replaceable axles and seals. The problem is cost, it is just not cost effective.
If you mean MC, 3 roller 40 rollers, then a different matter altogether.
Lavoy