Intro of Charlse Tucker JD 1010 crawler/loader

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
Charles Tucker
MC crawler
MC crawler

Intro of Charlse Tucker JD 1010 crawler/loader

Post by Charles Tucker » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:06 pm

First, I am a 82 year old owner of a JD 1010 trackloader and need some hel in locating the tractor serial no. I located a number cast into the transmision case rightside #I3922. There is also a plate on the lpader frame ser#810 820 model no.433, don't think either is the tractor ser. no.??I have owued a JD D on which I did a little work like placing much lerger LOROY pistons and alcohol injection, trimmed flywheel and ported the intake. Best D puller in Md., I also owned an 820 pony start which I sold recently to a young man in Penn.. This 820 had never been totuched and was in mint condition when I sold it.Nuff said. I need to buy/find instructions on replacing the left brake on my 1010 crawler/. It looks like i need to remv seat tanks,track and sprocket. I have remv. tracks from an Oliver OC3 . the 1010 steering clutches seem good and are adjusted as owner manual. Right brake seems good but left brake requires you to haul back hard and stillnt work under load or in soft dirt, no adjustment left.appreciate any and all info. Thanks this is my firstpost.
I own UD 1010 crawler loader that need left brake band.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:42 am

Charles,
Serial number should be on the RH front side of the engine block on an aluminum tag. If you are doing steering clutches, serial number is not that important.
You will need to split the track, pull the sprocket and then the final. It will be a little harder to work on with the tanks on, but I personally would rather fight it a little than go to the work of pulling the tank.
Welcome to the board.
Lavoy

Charles Tucker
MC crawler
MC crawler

Jd 1010 crawler

Post by Charles Tucker » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Lavoy as you have gueaaed by now tractors ain't the only thing I am not good at. SPELLING is another. THANKs foryour prompt rep;y. I will keep you advised if I locate the ser.no..I probably won't try the brakejob until my son gets home from IRAQ in early Sept..he flies a CHINOOK helecopter for the ArMY. I really think I should buy a shop or a service manual.I see one on the computer for$179.00 any suggestions ?? Also do you know the correctspark plugs for this 1010.
THANk YOU AGAIN
CHARLES

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Charles,
That is kind of high. Watch Ebay, there are often times manuals on there for $50 or so. Get a parts and service manual both, it makes things so much easier.
Correct plug is AC 45L or equivalent.
Lavoy

Charles Tucker
MC crawler
MC crawler

1010 SER NO

Post by Charles Tucker » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:45 am

LAVOY, REMOVED PAINT AND SER.NO IS 0 11558. PLUGS 45L NOT AVAILABLE SO THEY CROSS REFERENCED TO AUTO LITE 216 AND I HAVE INSTALLED , SHE STARTED AND RUNS BETTER THAN WITH THE OLD CHAMPION 10 PLUGS
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
CHARLES TUCKER

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Charles,
I have nothing but bad luck with Champions in many different crawlers, won't install them any more, glad to hear you got it going.
Lavoy

Charles Tucker
MC crawler
MC crawler

Champions

Post by Charles Tucker » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:51 pm

LAVOY, I worked the 1010 some this afternoon and I can't believe the how much better it runs with the Auto Lite 216 plugs. The first set they croSs referenced a number that the PARTS man at the john Deere place gave my qnd I am glad I taLked to you since these plugs were long in the thread and I KNEW THEY WERE WRONG SO i PULLED A PLUG AND TURNED IT OVER TO tdc AND stuck a pencil in the hole SURE ENOUGH i WOULD HAVE BUSTED A PLUG OR PUNCHED A HOleE IN A PISTON. The J D fellow gave me a N 11 Y WHICH CROSSED TO A AUTOLITE 64 THOSE PLUGS WOULD HAVE TRASHED THAT ENGINE AS SOON AS IT STARTED. yOU HELPED SAVE THE DAY,THANKS.
CHARLIE TUCKER
PS YOU CAN TELL I AM NO COMPUTER WIZZ JUST LEARNING

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:43 am

Hi Charles-

Here are some discussions we had on spark plugs a little while back- you may be interested in reading them.

http://www.jdcrawlers.com/messageboard/ ... t=autolite

This post also goes over issues with ignition on 1010 gas crawlers in case you are interested:

There is a lot of good information that can be searched for on this site. Welcome to the board. :D
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment