clutches on 350b reverser

Post support questions about your JD350 and newer crawler here
Donald erwin
40C crawler
40C crawler

clutches on 350b reverser

Post by Donald erwin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:23 am

HEY GUYS I HAVE THE REVERSER OUT AND HAVE IT APART CHECK THE CLUTCH CYLINDERS WITH AIR PRESSURE OF 110 AND FOUND NO LEAKS ON THE
PISTONS SEALS COULD THE CLUTCH PLATES BE WORN ENOUGH TO CAUSE LOW HYD PRESSURE WHEN CHECK? :?

digitup2
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by digitup2 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 pm

I always figure it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!. So with that in mind replace the clutch pack innards completely steels and frictions see it isn't just the seals It could be a number of things and if your clutch pack is slipping then it could be the faces and steels are warped so check them out with a straight edge .Plus they could be wore down so just replace them it really is cheaper in the long run .I know it all costs money but if you can't pin point the problem right off don't keep beating on a dead horse [go find something live and flail the hell out of it ]Or replace the obvious and replace the seals in that clutch pack as well you will probably find that the steels and fiber clutches will warp easy Deere's clutches do that .I mean I haveCat ,Allis ,Dresser and JCBs around and they don't warp but I find that the Deere steel and fiber plates warp real fast and easy compared to the others I don't know why but they do.I was told that it is in the way they manufacture the parts they are built well but they warp if they get the slightest bit of heat to them and then they slip like crazy and things heat then you have even got a bigger mess don't get me wrong I love Deere dozers and I have lived with them for nearly 50 years but here is there weak moment so seals and frictions cut the big check and do steels also just so you don't have to visit that same place in the near future cause when you are there it ain't no vacation!!.Good luck .Digitup.