Register FAQ Search Log in

Visit www.jdcrawlers.com!

1968 JD 450 Crawler Dozer service manual needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JDcrawlers Messageboard Forum Index -> Early model JD crawler technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locklinml
MC crawler
MC crawler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: 1968 JD 450 Crawler Dozer service manual needed Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm new to the scene and have a few questions concerning the 450 dozer I recently purchased to clear some property.
1). A parts catalog came with it and it list JD450 crawler tractor. I've been trying to look up a service manual but I see 450c and others but rarely see just a 450. Everyone I have looked up don't look like the one I have. It is a 1968. Question is the serial no# given to me is 066832-T and want to make sure I locate the right service manual. I have several issues that I need to address before I start using it under stress. After getting it home I realized the crossmember studs were missing and it had been welded, which the weld was broke. The right side brake doesn't work and I have been reading in the forum with you guys and getting bits and pieces on how to adjust and so forth but no sucess. I think the throwout bearings are gone and or the power steering mechanism on that side needs to be rebuilt or something. I'm learning the hardway I guess. The winch on the back doesn't work, the lever cable lock is missing and the winch housing has an access, looks for fluid but I haven't gotten that far yet to know if the gear box even has fluid in there. I'm pretty lost at this point just trying to do what I can. I paid $5,000 for it from a friend of mines dad, and really didn't take the time to check it out as I should have. Anyway if someone could assisst me in helpful information on locating a service manual I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks,
KenP
350 crawler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JDcrawlers Messageboard Forum Index -> Early model JD crawler technical support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: