1968 JD 450 Crawler Dozer service manual needed

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Locklinml
MC crawler
MC crawler

1968 JD 450 Crawler Dozer service manual needed

Post by Locklinml » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the scene and have a few questions concerning the 450 dozer I recently purchased to clear some property.
1). A parts catalog came with it and it list JD450 crawler tractor. I've been trying to look up a service manual but I see 450c and others but rarely see just a 450. Everyone I have looked up don't look like the one I have. It is a 1968. Question is the serial no# given to me is 066832-T and want to make sure I locate the right service manual. I have several issues that I need to address before I start using it under stress. After getting it home I realized the crossmember studs were missing and it had been welded, which the weld was broke. The right side brake doesn't work and I have been reading in the forum with you guys and getting bits and pieces on how to adjust and so forth but no sucess. I think the throwout bearings are gone and or the power steering mechanism on that side needs to be rebuilt or something. I'm learning the hardway I guess. The winch on the back doesn't work, the lever cable lock is missing and the winch housing has an access, looks for fluid but I haven't gotten that far yet to know if the gear box even has fluid in there. I'm pretty lost at this point just trying to do what I can. I paid $5,000 for it from a friend of mines dad, and really didn't take the time to check it out as I should have. Anyway if someone could assisst me in helpful information on locating a service manual I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks,

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 am

deleted
No longer posting on JDCrawlers