JD 2010 Gas,Relacement of Fuel lines tank to carb

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
JDjoePA
40C crawler
40C crawler

JD 2010 Gas,Relacement of Fuel lines tank to carb

Post by JDjoePA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:51 am

Good morning , I have been working on my 2010 when outside weather permits. and have been looking for steel fuel lines to (3) to run to aftermarket(not puchased yet) sediment bowl to my carb. The tank has what appears to be the OEM shut offs on it . does any one have any insight on what size is required 1/4" vs 5/16" line as well as the related hard ware to accomplish this task?? I have experince in Flaring, bending steel lines, I have looked on different on line sites for parts but come up empty handed . The runs would not be too difficult with some guidance in procuring these item's Thanks JDjoePA

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

re..fuel lines

Post by dtoots1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:56 am

jdjoepa,
the 2010 gas i am looking at has 2 different size lines on it!..the front one is a smaller diameter and the rear one is larger..both ends of each have different type flares or seals...the fuel tank connects are flares and the carb end has the slip on brass compression ring....both are copper by the way. this is a pre42000 series unit....don't forget to get fuel filters in the lines, when i get it i want to cut the lines and install filters on both with rubber tubing.
thkis
dtoots1

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

re..fuel lines

Post by dtoots1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:05 am

jdjoepa,

missed the 3rd line....that is copper also...it runs from from the sediment bowl outlet to the carb elbow inlet....this has the sediment tube screen which protrudes into the carb inlet....it is also larger tubing the the other feed lines...only is about4-6 inches long...
i cant post pics here as do not have online anywhere but if u need holler
have the carb and lines setting on kitchen table! and can take close ups..
dtoots1