2010 Gas Distributor change

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
JDjoePA
40C crawler
40C crawler

2010 Gas Distributor change

Post by JDjoePA » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Hello all! Has anyone changed out a prestolite dist. for a pertronix electronic dist. my org. prestolite part # IBT4101 R 7 G ccw rotation the pertronix part # D41-05A complete and they recommend their coil. just the replacement for the points is a #1542 or #1543 plus their coil. A little more backround info, I have switched over to a 12 volt neg ground replaced gen. with a GM style Alt. wired a charge light with diode Ballast resistor for my points A battery shut off switch all new connectors for my key and light switch .All in all a rewire job complete with fusable links . With all this done as well as the linkage to the govener rod which when running ok prior seemed to react properly. Any additional info on the change would be helpful.Thank you! JDjoePA

FL450B
430 crawler
430 crawler

DIST CHANGE

Post by FL450B » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:34 am

I HAVE A CASE UNLOADER AND MY DIST SHAFT HAD PITS WHERE THE POINT RUBBING BLOCK RIDES IT WAS CAUSING THE POINTS TO WEAR OUT VERY FAST I PUT IN A PERTRONICES KIT AND MY MACHINE RUN BETTER THAN THE TEN YEARS BEFORE STARTS RIGHT UP AND RUNS STRONG WITH OUT HAVE TO KEEP RESETING POINTS THE KIT WAS 90.00 DOLLARS GOOD LUCK PS AFTER ABOUT 3 WEEKS OF TRYING TO FIND A DIST WITH NO LUCK I DID THIS BEST THING I EVER INSTALLED ON MY MACHINE