Model 91 Pump Coupling, shaft and flexible coupling

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
58440IC
40C crawler
40C crawler

Model 91 Pump Coupling, shaft and flexible coupling

Post by 58440IC » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi, I am just about done with my 440IC with model 91 loader. My hydraulic pump coupling, shaft and flexible coupling are pretty worn. I saw a flexible NOS coupling on Ebay a couple of weeks ago and should have bought it but was not sure it was the one I wanted. I do see that you can still get the shaft from JD but it is 100 bucks.

Is there anyone who has altered one before or knows of other JD shafts that are the same? I see a lot of 730 shafts on Ebay but I don't know if the thing is even close.

Any one know where you could buy the shaft and make your own? I will check Baum Iron out of Omaha but am looking for other sources.

Mine is pretty thin and will work but both couplings and shaft could spin at any time. Thanks, Walt

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:50 pm

I have the coupling on hand, am out of shaft stock, have not found it for a while. The exact stuff they used is not available, but you can get the basic spline size and count somewhere, you will just need to machine a spacer to keep the coupler in place. The piece on the crankshaft is another matter, I have the piece, but with incorrect spline count and size. What I have done in the past is weld a new section of shaft into the flex piece on the crank from the back side.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

58440IC
40C crawler
40C crawler

Coupling price

Post by 58440IC » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Lavoy, what does a coupling cost? I see the shaft can still be had from JD for 100.00. The pump shaft is in excellent shape. Thankyou.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Seems to me $75, computer won't work right now for me so can't look them up.
That is a good price on the shaft, can't do much machining for that price.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com