well used 1010 value

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Reed
MC crawler
MC crawler

well used 1010 value

Post by Reed » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm looking at a well used 1010 gas. Bushings are worn thru to the pins, chain rails are thin, sprockets are worn, idlers and rollers are all really bad. It does have a six way blade, some cylinder seals are pushed right out of the end of the cyl. This thing did run 2 years ago, but trying to start it we sheared a tooth off the cam. (distributor and oil pump drive, oil pump froze up?) Don't know if the steer clutches are froze up. I guess what I'm asking is what's it worth. Is it worth fixing or just parting it out?

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:29 pm

$120/ton here, maybe a little more. If you can buy it for that, don't mind spending the money, and want to own it after you are done, you will be fine.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Welcome to the board-

Your biggest problem is going to be finding decent track links (also called rail or chain when linked by pins), as they are no longer available (NLA) new. You might be able to find a donor machine with decent rails, either a 1010 or early 2010 with links removed, but they are getting harder to find in decent shape.

I also think front idlers may be NLA new and not sure about the sprockets, but you would need to confirm with Lavoy or others. I haven't looked to see if you can substitute a 2010 front idler for the spoke 1010 idlers, although I believe solid idlers were an option (meaning I am not sure they are same diameter). The 1010 sprockets are not interchangeable with 2010 sprockets.

Lavoy would need to tell you if you can get the oil pump, but I would guess that is more readily available even if NLA new since there are a larger number of 1010 engines out there with wheel tractors. Again you would need to confirm via part number as sometimes the engine parts can vary too.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Reed
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Reed » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:37 pm

Can anyone tell me if a 1010 gas engine in a crawler is the same engine used in a wheel tractor. I found a used cam, but don't know if they are the same. Also, is the chain pitch 6"? It looked to me like it is. If so, how about tracks off a HG or OC3 Oliver? I think with a they are pretty close. Both bushing about the same length (sprockets about the same width) Any one ever try this? Thanks

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Yes, engine is the same for the most part, other than probably externals.
No, track is different, Deere is 5.75" pitch, different bushing size.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com