Dozer Blade Issue

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
wildbill65
40C crawler
40C crawler

Dozer Blade Issue

Post by wildbill65 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 am

I have a 806 or 807 series dozer blade on my JD2010. I have quite a bit of slop in the blade, which makes it frustrating when I am trying to do finish work. When I have the blade up on unlevel ground, the blade stays level.

The pins at the end of the arms (U15157) and the blade pivot pin (AU11501) are obsolete parts according to Deere. The previous owner eliminated the four arm pins (U15157) and has a single pin on each side that is NOT pegged. I can pull it right out. Would this be an issue? I figure most of the 'play' is coming from the arms being flared, as it seems they are made from c-channel. Should I heat up the c-channel and beat it flat or do it cold?

Boy, sometimes I feel dumb. I also noticed my blade does not have the two links and bushings (AU12480 & U10294) that attach the blade to the boom. Does anyone know the dimensions on these?

Sorry to be so much trouble.

Thanks for your input and help. I really enjoy this messageboard.
Bill
My dad told me there would be days like this.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:16 pm

If the C frame is fairly rigid, a lot of your sloppiness will occur if those pins and not tight in the angle braces, and if the pin holes in the blade are wallowed out.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com