831/440 icd crawler

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
butchmon
MC crawler
MC crawler

831/440 icd crawler

Post by butchmon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:29 am

Any tricks or info to replace lift cylinder hoses on passenger side pretty tight in their

10fords
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by 10fords » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Finally something I can help with instead of just asking questions! I did the ones on mine and it was definitely a pain. First take the pins out that hold the cylinder in and slide the cylinder out so you can remove the hoses from the cylinder. Make some sort of a mark so you know which line goes where. Then clean the 50 years worth of crud from the inside of the bracket so you can follow the hoses to the connections below the rear fender. Again, somehow identify which line goes where. One hose is longer than the other if I remember correctly. To reinstall I first attached the hoses to the cylinder, then taped off the open ends and fed them through the path back to the rear fittings until I could put the rear pin in the cylinder. Then I wiggled and pulled and cursed until I could finally attach the hoses to the rear fittings, checked to make sure there was no kinks or binding, and lifted that heavy cylinder in to place, and slipped the front pin in. Pay close attention to how the hoses you take out are routed as it is a very tight fit with a lot of pinch points. According to my 831 parts manual one hose should be 42" and the other should be 58". Good luck!! - Scott

butchmon
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by butchmon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:06 am

perfect tx a bunch