fuel in the oil 1010 loader

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:17 am

bobz wrote:thanks jtrichard, thanks good info to know, oh the guy at inj. shop said I should had tied the throttle back when taking it off. maybe he is thinking 350 model... I thought I seen a post on here I don't have to tie it back on the 1010's he was very nice took his time explaining fixing just the seal could just be temporary fix. he called it chasing the problem ! fuel will running to the next wore part. he was selling me over the phone. in other words since I have my wallet open and the moths were slowly coming out he was saying let them ALL OUT lol.. bobz :wink:
The pump guy is thinking of 350s that have horizontally mounted CB pumps; the thread you saw was the first one I posted in my previous post.

As for the umbrella seal issue, while you are in there make sure he replaces the brass bushing as well as that is one cause of leakage. If you read some of Jdemariis's threads, he has some really good checklists of everything that should be replaced/inspected when an injection pump is on a bench.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

bobz
40C crawler
40C crawler

fuel in the oil

Post by bobz » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 pm

thanks tiger, I found the article about injection pumps ect.. very handy information there. thanks for the knowledge and wisdom to this site much needed in this deere world we live in bobz. :wink:

bobz
40C crawler
40C crawler

fuel in the oil 1010 loader

Post by bobz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 am

well I got my high dollar rebuilt inj pump back yesterday on my birthday. what a nice job antrim diesel did on it ! thank you ron ! runs real good no leaks or issues . new cams , totally up dated well worth the money for a peace of mind. one question? not really diesel mech. the 2 bolt holes are slotted is that for set timing or retard timing ? I tried to put it back in the same spot. need some intel on this thnx! bobz

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:54 am

Yes that is for timing just like a gas distributor ......there is a hole on the right side of the engine/bell-housing to see the timing mark on the flywheel and on the side of the pump there is a little cover with 2 screws that is the timing "window" ... as the old song goes "ITS IN THE BOOK" :) :)
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper